Thursday, December 9, 2010

Work work work!

Work's been super crazy ever since I got here. The reason I'm here in the first place was because of the urgency of the project. And it's actually a good thing because I have to work closely with Harry because we're refactoring a whole bunch of applications for our upgrade project. Lots and lots of changes. He mostly designs the changes, but I learn anyway. Busy from that end. And then, there's the other tasks. When you're here, you're easily approachable - meaning, anyone can ask you to do something, especially urgent ones. Just as an example, during the past two days, there's been a couple of urgent changes that they need to get in before the lockdown (no changes during the holiday season), and they're rushing me to figure out what's wrong, fix it, get it tested, support testing and finish all these request for change documents! I've been going home late at night the past days.

But you know what, for some reason, when I'm here, even though I have too much work, when I get home, I'm not as tired. Maybe that means I'm finally enjoying the work again, the collaboration, and the opportunities they've given me. It actually feels good. Don't you ever get that feeling? I love it. It's nice to finally feel the excitement to work again. Work's something you should love and enjoy. Or maybe it's really just because my life here is totally relaxed compared to back in Manila.

And who wouldn't want to go to work if you have a view like this when you look up from your desk:


How can you not be inspired to work right? Luckily, it was sunny earlier so I was able to capture some nice photos using my ipod. The quality's not the best, but it works :) My desk it facing the north (mountains are in the North of Vancouver) so lucky me I got this spot. It's probably one of the best seats in the house.

On a different note...

In line with my Yes girl persona (Leda.. check this out), I will be attending a Telus gala event this Saturday with a couple of friends. It's a formal event. Though I didn't bring any formal wear, my friend Christine got me a nice short skirt and tube top to wear. She couldn't let me borrow her other stuff daw kasi it's too revealing! Hahaha I'm not sure if it's really a formal attire, but it works for me. Fits me well. But I'm not used to these types of attires! But have to be able to try it out at least once right?

4 comments:

vyki said...

upload pictures with the tube top and short skirt bev! :P

bev said...

@vyki - sure! I still think it's too casual for the event. Pero what the heck!

ledabrigino said...

wait, short skirt and tube??? post a picture ok? mandatory. haha!

bev said...

@Leda - Yes! As in. I don't know how I'll pull it off pero sige go go go lang!