Monday, November 1, 2010

Another update

I have been absent from the blogging world for quite a while. Work's been keeping me busy. Stock market's been generous for the past two weeks, so that's also taking up my much of my time in the mornings. And then I have some other extra activities to do, plus, I still need my bum time!

I can't even recall everything that's happened!

Happy Birthday City! (October 20, 2010)

My very own Honda City has finally turned 1! One year old, 8000+ km in mileage, two more years of payments left! This year alone, my City has brought me to places I never thought I would've driven to. He has provided me comfort each day I go out of the house. As my gift to him, I will give him a much needed cleaning day. He needs to be vacuumed!

I remember, just a year ago, I was supposed to get just a second hand car, just to help me out when going to the office (since I work at nights), and then Ondoy came and we all know there were a lot of cars eaten up by Ondoy. And so we decided to just buy a new one. And City came about. It's truly a blessing to get City. I remember writing the down payment check! Biggest purchase ever, but after a year, definitely worth it.

Unfortunately, my City has been the cause of some nasty events in my life, but you know what, I wouldn't change anything. People come and go, but my City, he'll be accompanying me through my trips for a long long time.

Adidas King of the Road (October 24, 2010)

I try to join an event at least once a month just for fun. Adidas had their annual run last October 24. The fee was a whopping 850 pesos as they included free breakfast and the timing chip. Unfortunately, for me, there was just too many people who joined. The first part of the run was terrible, you had to dodge the slow people and that's a bit tiring. And the food afterwards? I thought it would have been at least rice + egg + tocino or some protein. But it was just two pandesals, banana, hotdog, and butter/jam. Medyo not worth the 850 I had to pay.

But nonetheless, running is still fun. I was not able to crack into my goal though, to run the 5km in less than 30 minutes. But definitely it's a work in progress. Here are my results:


2 minutes. I think I can improve on that, provided I try to go to the gym again more often (I am only going once or twice a week now! huhu). I have another up coming run this Nov 21 - the UNILAB run. I've already registered but unfortunately, I'm not yet sure if I can run it since some things came up in work and I might need to fly to Canada for a month. But we'll see, there's no final word yet.

More balanced life

I have promised myself that I will maintain a work-life balance, even if it takes much more effort to do so. As Leda teaches me, be a Yes girl! I've been missing in action before, but now I'm not. When my friends invite me to go out, if I have time, I go. Laziness is not a valid reason anymore. :)

For instance, last Friday night, I decided to go to my friend's birthday celebration at Bardeli's in San Juan. And to think I was going to go to work afterwards! Good thing my redness has subsided after I got to the office. Or else it would've looked like I've been drinking (which I was... but just a little!)


And then the next day, we went to the Haven for Children outreach program that our friend Del has organized for us. It's an interesting and very different way to celebrate Halloween's. Instead of just going to parties, why not celebrate it with the less fortunate? Even though I hardly had any sleep, and I had to travel from North to South just to attend this event, all I could say is that it's definitely worth the time and trip. Just seeing those kids very happy, you'd already know it's worth it. Next year ulit!


I can't even recall the last time I joined an outreach! It's always nice to give something back! After all, grabe grabe na ang blessings na binibigay sa atin ni Lord.

1 comment:

ledabrigino said...

happy bday city! Roadtrip ulit 4 bday celebration ni city! :p