Monday, November 29, 2010

Grouse Mountain

Been here for a couple of days. Missing Manila, friends, my family. Ganoon talaga. Sometimes I feel like this is a blessing and a curse at the same time, especially when you get lonely. But I should always look at the bright side of things - I do get to experience something totally new, I earn more, and I get to meet a lot of different people of different cultures. I get to forge new bonds of friendships too!

Saturday - Grouse Mountain Day

I joined some friends to Grouse Mountain last Saturday. During winter, Grouse Mountain is jam packed with winter activities. The ski slopes were open so people of all ages are brining their skis, snow shoes, ice skates, snowboards, etc up to the mountains. You only get to play with snow for a couple months in a year anyway! Kind of nice how families enjoy doing this activity so much. You see parents and their 5 year olds already skiing! So cute.

As for us, we didn't do the usual winter sports (you'd have to have the attire and equipment - though you can rent), but we did however get to meet Santa Clause and his reindeer at Santa's workshop!

Here we are with Mr. Santa.


And here's Santa's reindeer. I think he's in a bad mood though.


What snow activity won't be complete without snowman building? We did create our own snow woman instead though. With boobs. Pinaghirapan namin iyan! Took us a long time to build it up!


I got home around 6:30 pm yesterday, and boy was I so tired. Alam mo yun, hindi ka naman pinagpawisan sa taas ng mountain habang lakad ka nang lakad, pero afterwards pala, sobrang pagod ka. But it was fun. And... important pala to bring shades when going to a snowy mountain - sobrang nakakasilaw yung snow. It's too white, and then you have the sun too. That's a lesson learned for me!

Oh, and so far nasulit ko na yung snow shoes ko! Yehey!

No comments: