Monday, November 8, 2010

+ 1

I am now officially +1 year old.


My birthday was spent with family and friends. Celebration started way back a week ago when our friend Del invited us to spend Halloween at Haven for Children and participate in an out reach program. It was a very nice way to celebrate my pre birth day!

And then as tradition calls for it - my officemate and good friend Melvin and I celebrated our birthday together by treating our colleagues to a nice sumptuous dinner at Gloria Maris last November 04. After all, we have the same birthday! Why not celebrate it together?

Of course during the day itself, I spent it with my family. They gave me a new badminton racket as I've been complaining for quite some time that I don't have one (Mind you, my younger sister borrowed it and she broke it - that's how hard she hits!). Finally they got me one! I hope I can use it at least once, before I go leave for Canada.

Speaking of Canada, that's another blessing from the Lord I wanted to share. I shared this with a couple of friend already. Way back during the crazy and disastrous months, I wished and hoped that I get sent back to Canada, just to get away from everything that's been happening. I considered it as an escape from all the emotional troubles I've been experiencing. As we know, it never materialized then, after all, I just came back from a 4 month stint there. But the Lord is good.

Just recently, my team lead asked if I wanted to go back to Canada for even just a month to work on this new project we're working on. It'll be easier if my teammate and I work side by side (since it has a pretty tight deadline too). So I said yes. And what I realized then was that, this was what I was asking for before. Except the Lord waited for the right time, when I'm in the best state in my life, to go there. Now, I am not escaping reality. But instead, I'm actually going on a nice relaxing, vacation. There are no excess baggage left behind. And I have only good things to look forward to.

Now, before I end this entry - I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who celebrated this birthday with me, and to everyone who made sure I am genuinely happy when this day comes. The Lord is indeed good.

3 comments:

ledabrigino said...

hay naglaway na naman ako sa cake mo na di ko natikman! hmmph! haha! Nyway, I'm really happy for you, I know Canada is a good reward (rather than a good escape diba). Enjoy, and prettify! :)

vyki said...

uy, makakapanlalaki ka na sa canada! uwi mo ako ng blue-eyed ah? hehehe.

bev said...

@Leda & @Vyx - Looking forward to going to Canada and enjoying the cold weather!

@Vyx - sa Vancouver madaming Asians.